If you haven’t caught the “Three Storm” reference yet, you’re about to. The name of my company, Three Storm Fitness, is an obscure reference to the greatest cult classic movie of all time: Big Trouble In Little China.
I created a workout to go along with the movie while you watch it. There are over a dozen cues in the movie that command you to perform several reps of an exercise (each cue has a unique associated exercise).
Note: I want to give a huge shout out to the folks over at Drinkingcinema.com, where I got the majority of the cues for this epic pastime.
You can download an SRT subtitle file (for those of you with a digital copy of Big Trouble In Little China) containing all of the cues and workouts here: BTLC.srt
- You see electricty: 4 FAST HIGH KNEES
- You see a jump kick 5 JUMPING JACKS
- Green eyes are mentioned: 3 PUSH UPS
- Unnecessary weapon twirling: 5 ARM CIRCLES
- Chinese culture, lesson or proverb: 6 MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
- Explosive, magical or dramatic levitation: JUMP SQUAT
- Jack said “Wang” : 1 BURPEE (2 if he says it with emotion)
- Jack wasn’t a hero (hero fail): 2 REVERSE LUNGES
- Lo Pan has light coming out of his mouth!: 3 SQUATS
- Hell of ____ is mentioned: 4 PLANK BUILD UPS
- Jack pulled a knife: 3 PLANK JACKS
- Green and pink warrior battle between Lo Pan and Egg Shen!: FAST FEET JUMP SPRAWL
- Lo Pan says, “Indeed!”: BEAR CRAWL AROUND YOUR COUCH
- Greatest patriotic toast ever during the Six Demon Bag scene: RAISE YOUR WATER BOTTLE AND TAKE A SWIG
- The guy who sounds like he just learned how to speak Chinese spoke (right after the Chinese standoff…you’ll know): MONKEY SWING AROUND YOUR COUCH
- Egg Shen takes a bong rip: DECIDE WHAT MUNCHIES YOU’RE GOING TO EAT FOR YOUR POST WORKOUT MEAL
- Thunder explodes: 3 EXPLOSIVE PUSH UPS
If you like this workout and want to see more, make sure you vote for the next movie workout!: Movie Workout Poll